Currently in Seoul it is..

Atlanta Time

Monday, January 25, 2010

getting things together

The last week or so has been pretty crazy trying to get all the paperwork together and make a list of the things I'll need. I've spent way too much time on the phone with the folks at Minimed while figuring out how I'm going to get my insulin pump supplies. It seems like every other person I got transferred to was useless. .I was tempted to ask if they understood that the products they're supporting are life-saving devices and not refrigerator parts. Grace at Minimed Korea said she would email me a price list in KRW with health insurance information but I still haven't gotten it yet.

On a better note, I won an auction on Ebay for 900 One Touch Ultra test strips + 400 lancets for $421.00. That beats retail any day!

The family has been really supportive so far but my best friend is trying to talk me out of it. One year really isn't that long. I've had stuff in my fridge for longer than that! The main concern right now is getting all the paperwork to go through on time. I'm still waiting on my criminal background check from the GBI. I need to get that sent off so I can get my sponsorship code before my interview at the Korean consulate on 2/11. I've got a lot to do in the next 3-4 weeks..I'm just hoping it all gets done in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment