Currently in Seoul it is..

Atlanta Time

Thursday, February 25, 2010

at the Korean doctor's


I woke up this morning with a slightly sore throat. I didn't think much of it at the time but by the afternoon it had snowballed into a semi-violn'ent illness complete with naseua, vomiting, fever, diziness, hot flashes, cold chills, and a severe sore throat. Throwing up Korean food is an experience beyond description. I can't explain it but I don't recommend it. Doctor's office visits are walk-in, not by appointment. I walked through the door and,before I even sat down, a chime went off signaling it was my turn to go in. I went straight into the office and sat down. The doctor said something to my translator and she told me to point to where it hurt. He took my temperature(38 celsius, 100.4 farenheit), looked in my eyes, nose, and down my throat then sent me on my way. I was out of there in less than 10 minutes! They gave me 5 pill packs and pouches of syrup with a picture of a frog on them.
I'm not exactly sure what everything is but it's basically a combination of vitamins, tylenol, and cough syrup. Overall my first Korean doctor's visit was alright. What would have taken about two hours and cost $50 in the US only took about 10 minutes and cost 7,000 KRW (roughly $6.30 USD)! We'll see how I'm feeling in a few days..then I'll make my official jugement of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment